The Right Stain Removal Techniques
Stains can make carpet appear more soiled than it really is, so no carpet cleaning method is complete unless all removable stains have disappeared.
A basic knowledge of different stains and chemicals for spot cleaning and removal is vital, since improper or indiscriminate use of spotting chemicals can worsen a problem.
Helpful Tips on Spotting
- Always blot or scrape up as much material as possible before it soaks into the carpet.
- For blotting liquids, use white paper towels or tissues. You might use a cloth, but is is less desirable. If used too long, the matter soaked into the cloth will re-deposit into the fibers and spread the stain.
- For scraping solid matter, use a table knife. Never use a sharp instrument.
- Never use soap. This frequently leaves a sticky residue that causes rapid re-soiling.
- Do not allow solvent-based products to penetrate to the backing. They might damage and soften the latex compound used to strengthen the carpet backing.
If you ever have any questions about removing stains, please don't hesitate to call SERVPRO of Tupelo at 662-690-6502.
We also offer a variety of other cleaning services:
- Air Ducts & HVAC Cleaning
- Bio hazard, Crime Scene and Vandalism
- Carpet, Upholstery, Drapes & Blinds
- Ceilings, Walls, & Hard Floors
- Odor Identification