Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
We at SERVPRO of Tupelo pride ourselves in the experience we have and the training our employees go through to ensure we do the best job we can possibly do. No job is the same, although most people may think water mitigation would be. We work with most insurance providers and pride ourselves in keeping up to date with each of their specific requirements to make each job the easiest it can be for the home/business owner. SERVPRO of Tupelo is ready for any job, big or small and we are always here to help! Please call us today if we can help you. We are available 24/7 at 662-690-6502.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (662) 690-6502
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.