3 Ways To Reduce Heating Bills
SERVPRO of Tupelo is always here to help! Call us today at 662-690-6502
Temperatures in North Mississippi aren't high right now, but your heating bill might be!
Here are 3 quick and easy ways to get your heating bills to drop with the temperature!
- Smart Thermostat: Why not use the best of technology? Intelligent thermostats can provide significant savings in several different ways. Some even detect the outside temperature/humidity to help analyze and adjust the inside temperature to maximize efficiency and comfort. This is one of the most affordable ways to save money on heating bills! Some smart thermostats are available for under $30. Having a consistent and affordable indoor temp can help avoid costly damage, like frozen pipes. You can always count on SERVPRO of Tupelo to help with water damage from frozen pipes, but let's try to avoid that!
- Insulate attic and attic doors: If it's a bit drafty in your house, you can bet you're losing money. Insulation is an absolute must to keep heating bills down. Neglecting attic areas is a common mistake that can be reducing the efficiency of your heating source.
- Pay attention to Windows and Doors: 25% of the heat in your house (heat that you've paid for!) is lost through windows and uninsulated patio doors. If you convert that percentage to a dollar amount, we think you'd be surprised at the amount of money you're spending to throw your heat out the window! Check your windows and doors seasonally, to ensure there are no broken seals, or you'll be facing more than a heat efficiency issue. With the amount of rain we’re getting this time of year, a broken seal will cause an indoor flood. SERVPRO of Tupelo specializes in water damage, and we are the best at restoring property catastrophes…but let's try to avoid that, shall we?
From smart thermostats to window seals, these little details all add up to higher cost and higher risk for potential home damage!
If you’re experiencing seasonal home damage, call SERVPRO of Tupelo at 662-690-6502. We are always here to help!
SERVPRO of Tupelo: Mold Remedition Process
Let the professionals at SERVPRO of Tupelo handle all of your mold problems. Call us today at 662-690-6502
Mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours after water has entered your home. SERVPRO of Tupelo understands mold and mold growth and has the training and expertise to remediate the mold in your home or business. Every mold damage scenario is different and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. Our process is as follows:
Emergency Contact – 662-690-6502
Our mold cleanup and restoration process will begin when you call us. Our representative will ask a series of questions to determine the necessary equipment, resources, and personnel.
Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
We carefully inspect your property for visible signs of mold. However, mold can be hidden from plain view as it feeds on cellulose and water. We use various technologies to detect mold and hidden water sources.
Our professionals use various containment procedure to prevent the spread of mold. All fans and heating and cooling systems will be turned off to prevent the spread of mold.
During the process of the mold remediation, we utilize powerful “air scrubbers” and HEPA vacuums to prevent the spread of mold spores
Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
The mold remediation process depends on the amount of mold growth and the types of surfaces the mold has grown on. It may be necessary to remove and dispose of mold-infested porous materials, like drywall and carpeting, to remediate heavy mold growth.
Cleaning Contents and Belongings
We clean your furniture, decorative items, curtains, clothing, and other restorable items affected by mold. We use a variety of cleaning techniques to clean and disinfect your belongings. We’re also trained to remove odors and deodorization using fogging equipment.
The restoration step gets your home or business back to normal. Depending on the level of mold damage, drywall, subfloors, and other building materials may have been removed. Restoration may involve minor repairs, such as replacing drywall, painting, and installing new carpet; or it may entail major repairs such as the reconstruction of various areas or rooms in a home or business.
The Benefits Of Prompt Water Removal
SERVPRO of Tupelo is always here to help for your water damage needs, no matter the time of day or day of year! Call us today at 662-690-6502.
When your home in north Mississippi sustains an overflowing sink or tub, broken pipe, or other lost water, getting the water out as quickly as possible from your living space comes with added benefits. We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster, making it possible for our teams to make the situation less troublesome for you.
We work with homeowners in the Tupelo area after lost water incidents cause problems by using water removal methods that help make things normal again fast. We want to make your residence like it was before, “Like it never even happened.” Because the process of extracting water while it is in its liquid form before it can escape into the air and additional objects inside your home than it is to pull moisture from the air, we start as soon as we possibly can.
The benefits go beyond a lower restoration cost, also. Not only does it cost less to extract more and dry less, but it also requires less time to accomplish this and start with cleanup. Because water that has less time to evaporate into the air and condense elsewhere, we do not need to use equipment to track it to other locations in your home.
We also can use less equipment, meaning the cost falls even more. Instead of four heaters, six air movers, and three desiccant machines, we can use about half of that number.
Other stories of your home might not become affected at all, meaning less traffic in these areas by our specialists, and increased privacy for your family members. Fewer or no machines in these areas also result in less noise that can disrupt children's schoolwork and interfere with anyone who sleeps during the daytime hours.
Fast action to a lost water event means that microbes have less time to become a problem for you. When mold's access to water is only temporary, the few spores that become active initially quickly die off from lack of continued moisture.
If your home in Tupelo, Fulton, or New Albany sustains a terrible incident involving lost water and you need water removal services,SERVPRO of Tupelo is the company you can trust to do the job right. Call our 24-hour emergency services line at 662-690-6502, year-round so that we can send out the appropriate crews and equipment your home needs.
SERVPRO of Tupelo is here for all types of water damages, even the dirty ones! Call us today at 662-690-6502.
Sewer damage and drain back up can cause serious damage to Tupelo area homes. They also present health risks and should only be cleaned by certified water damage professionals. SERVPRO of Tupelo technicians are trained to deal with sewer damage issues.
Some examples include, but are not limited to: sewage, toilet backflows that originate from beyond the toilet trap regardless of visible content or color.
Below are some basic procedures for clean up
- Identify ALL safety issues
- Determine source or Sewer back up and get problem fixed as quickly as possible
- Extract materials and/or remove all standing water
- Apply EPA registered disinfectant
- Remove and discard all contaminated porous and semi-porous structural materials included carpet and pad
- Measure and document all moisture levels in affected areas.
- Install barriers to contain damaged areas
- Install drying equipment
- Monitor job daily.
- Once completely dry. Clean all areas prior to rebuild.
When your Tupelo home or business has a sewer back up, rely on the professionals at SERVPRO of Tupelo. Call us today at 662-690-6502. We are always here to help!
Commercial Flood Prepareness
No job is too big or too small for the professionals at SERVPRO of Tupelo. Call us today at 662-690-6502.
The weather has been very unpredictable the past few weeks in our area. We have experience heavy rains in a short period of time causing the sewer systems to back up and streets to flood.
If you see there is a flash flood watch, this means that a flash flood is possible. A flash flood warning means that a flood is about to happen or already taking place. If a flash flood occurs, you should make sure everyone gets to higher ground as quickly as possible.
Your business can prepare for any potential disaster, including flash floods. Keep all essential equipment and documents elevated from the floor. Ideally, they should be stored on the second floor of the building or higher. Back-up electronic data daily to cloud storage or to an external drive so the files can still be accessed in the event of a disaster.
It is a good idea to have a battery-powered radio available on-site or even some sand bags to help with water absorption. In case of a power outage, you and your staff can keep updated on the current conditions. (FEMA) The Federal Emergency Management Agency provides a list of recommended sites in the event of a disaster, such as a flashlight and first aid kit.
You can also check with the National Weather Service to get more tips on safety during flooding.
SERVPRO of Tupelo can help your business get back on track after flooding or other disasters. Call us today for more information at 662-690-6502.
SERVPRO of Tupelo - Call Us For Your Emergency Board Ups
Board ups are important and SERPVRO of Tupelo can handles those for you as well. Call us day or night at 662-690-6502.
Fire Damage Board-Up and Roof-Tarp Service
Fire damage can often compromise windows, walls, and roofs. To maintain security and to protect against further damage, the SERVPRO Franchise Professional can board up missing windows and walls and place tarps on damaged roofs.
Vandalism and graffiti can be very upsetting. It can range from relatively minor pranks to malicious destruction of property. Often simple acts of vandalism, like breaking a window, can cause significant water and mold damage if not addressed in a timely manner.
SERVPRO Franchise Professionals will act quickly to remove broken glass from inside & outside your home or business and effectively board up all windows securing the inside of the building.
What About Other Types of Vandalism?
In addition to boarding up, SERVPRO professionals can remove spray-painted graffiti from exterior walls, they can also clean driveways, walkways, asphalt, metals, wood, glass, plastic, and masonry. Their highly trained technicians can offer the following services:
What to Expect When SERVPRO Professionals Provide Board-Up for Your Home or Business
- Temporary secure enclosure
- Roofs will be temporarily secured with tarps
- Fencing can be provided as an extra measure
- All openings will be temporarily secured
Call us at 662-690-6502 if you have any questions or concerns.
If fire or water damage sidelines your business, you need a professional restoration company to quickly restore your property. Every hour spent restoring your business is lost revenue and productivity. Commercial restoration presents unique challenges and we have the training, experience, and resources to handle any size disaster.
With over 1,700 Franchises in the U.S. and Canada, SERVPRO is a trusted leader in the restoration industry and is dedicated to providing quality service. Our highly trained technicians respond quickly, whether you need water damage restoration or simply need your upholstery cleaned.
We Are The Professionals
Trust the professionals at SERVPRO of Tupelo. We care about your home and business. Call us today at 662-690-6502.
We receive this question many times from concerned callers: "Can I just spray bleach on it?"
Using bleach to take care of mold was once recommended by agencies such as OSHA and the EPA. However, they have since been revised after research revealed that the "do-all, be-all cure" for killing microbial growth, actually had the opposite effect. First, let us take a look at how mold forms to understand why using bleach is not effective.
Mold needs water, food and typically a warm temperature to grow. This illustrates the first reason to call SERVPRO: If mold is growing, chances are that the materials are wet. There has likely been a water loss of some sort, and until it is properly dried, mold will continue to grow.
The chlorine in bleach, due to its ionic composition, cannot penetrate porous surfaces. Porous surfaces include materials such as drywall, ceilings, wood, carpet and many others. Spraying bleach on the mold will only kill it on the surface. Many people do not know that mold actually has roots called hyphae. These roots will still remain in the porous material and eventually rise to the surface again. Remember that bleach contains both chlorine and water. The chlorine cannot make it below the surface - but the water can. Thus, you are actually replenishing the mold with one of the key things it needs to grow - water! Secondly, it will "bleach" the color, making it appear that the mold is gone. Again, this is only on the surface.
At SERVPRO of Tupelo we use specialized products, designed to travel deep into porous surfaces to remove mold at its roots. Sometimes we cannot remove the mold from the material and the material must be completely removed from the home for the safety of you and your family. Our technicians are trained to differentiate between what can be safely cleaned and what cannot. In addition, live mold releases spores into the air. The air in your home may need to be treated with specialty equipment to make sure that all spores are removed.
Emergency Services During a Storm
Don't let storms ruin your home. SERVPRO of Tupelo is always here to help!
You can’t plan when a storm strike. Whether it is a weekend, a holiday, or overnight, there is a company that is there to help. SERVPRO of Tupelo has an experienced crew that is there to go whenever you call.
We understand at SERVPRO that the most crucial time to start remediation on water is immediately. So, using the most advanced equipment, we begin water removal and treatment of space to quickly restore your home back to preloss condition.
We are here for you 24/7, large or small. All you need to do is call 662-690-6502 for immediate service. Make sure to have these answers on hand:
Our SERVPRO Representative will ask several questions:
- Your name and contact information
- Your insurance information (if applicable)
- The street address of the water-damaged home or business
- When did the flooding or water damage occur?
- What caused the water damage (if known)?
- Is there electricity available (on-site)?
SERVPRO of Tupelo specializes in the cleanup and restoration of commercial and residential property after damaging event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility for regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property. SERVPRO wants our team to be part of your team! Call us at 662-690-6502 or follow us on Facebook and Twitter!
Smoke, Soot & Restoring Your Home
Smoke and soot is very invasive and can penetrate various cavities within your home, causing hidden damage and odor. Our smoke damage expertise and experience allows us to inspect and accurately assess the extent of the damage to develop a comprehensive plan of action.
Smoke and soot facts:
Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure.
Smoke flows around plumbing systems, seeping through the holes used by pipes to go from floor to floor.
The type of smoke may greatly affect the restoration process.
Different Types of Smoke
There are two different types of smoke–wet and dry. As a result, there are different types of soot residue after a fire. Before restoration begins, SERVPRO of Tupelo will test the soot to determine which type of smoke damage occurred. The cleaning procedures will then be based on the information identified during pretesting. Here is some additional information:
Wet Smoke – Plastic and Rubber
Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
Dry Smoke – Paper and Wood
Fast burning, high temperatures, heat rises therefore smoke rises.
Protein Fire Residue – Produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire
Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor.
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. We have the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. We will also treat your family with empathy and respect and your property with care.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage? Call us today at SERVPRO of Tupelo. We are available 24/7 at 662-690-6502.
Fire Damage: Do & Don't
There are many things to do and not to do after a fire. Be sure that SERVPRO of Tupelo is on your to-do list!
Fire And Smoke Damage In Your Home
Once the fire department leaves, your home may suffer from water damage caused by firefighting efforts. We have the specialized fire and water damage restoration training, personnel, and equipment to handle fire and water damage and can quickly restore your home to pre-fire condition. Below are some tips to protect you and your home after a fire.
- Limit movement in your home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into upholstery and carpets.
- Keep your hands clean. Hands covered in soot can further damage upholstery, walls, and woodwork.
- Place dry, colorfast towels or old linens on rugs, upholstery and carpeted areas.
- If electricity is off, empty your freezer and refrigerator completely and prop doors open to help prevent odor.
- Wipe soot off of chrome on kitchen and bathroom faucets, trim and appliances, then protect these surfaces with a light coating of lubricant.
- If heat is off during winter, pour RV antifreeze in sinks, toilet bowls, holding tanks and tubs to avoid freezing pipes and fixtures.
- Wash both sides of leaves on houseplants.
- Change HVAC filter, but leave the system off until a trained professional can check the system.
- Tape double layers of cheesecloth over air registers to stop soot particles from getting in or out of the HVAC system.
- Don't attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces without first contacting SERVPRO of Tupelo.
- Don't attempt to clean any electrical appliances that may have been close to fire, heat or water.
- Don't attempt to shampoo carpet or upholstered furniture.
- Don't eat any food or beverages that may have been stored close to fire, heat, or water.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet. Wiring may be damaged or wet and can cause electric shock, and air movement can create secondary damage.
- Don't send garments to an ordinary dry cleaner. Improper cleaning may set smoke odor.
Call SERVPRO of Tupelo at 662-690-6502 for all of your fire restoration needs. We are always here to help!