Fire Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Fire damages can be devistating, no matter how big or small. Trust the professionals at SERVPRO of Tupelo with your most valuable belongings. Trust SERVPRO of Tupelo with your home. We have the most up to date technology to clean not only your contents, but also your structure. We also have a full construction team that can rebuild what's necessary to make your home truly "Like it never even happened." SERVPRO of Tupelo works with most insurance companies and will make the process as easy as possible for you. We are available 24/7 and you can reach us anytime at 662-690-6502.
Have Smoke or Fire Damage? Call (662) 690-6502
What To Do After A Fire
- Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into upholstery and carpets.
- Keep hands clean so as not to further soil upholstery, walls and woodwork.
- Place clean towels or old linens on rugs, upholstery and carpet traffic areas.
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator and prop doors open.
- Clean and protect chrome with light coating of petroleum jelly or oil.
- Wash houseplants on both sides of leaves.
- Change HVAC filter.
- Tape double layers of cheesecloth over air registers.
What NOT To Do After A Fire
- Don't attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces or shampoo carpet or upholstery without contacting us.
- Don't attempt to clean any electrical appliances that may have been close to fire, heat or water without consulting an authorized repair service.
- Don't use any canned or packaged food or beverages that may have been stored near the fire, heat or water.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet. The wiring may be damaged.
- Don't send garments to an ordinary dry cleaner. Improper cleaning may set smoke odor.